We embarked on a digital transformation journey in 2019 with the goal of enhancing member experience, both in our houses and outside. We have now created a proprietary digital platform, and through that introduced a number of digital solutions to improve our member experience including ‘House Pay’, our proprietary digital payment service, ‘House Guest’, our global guest check in service, ‘Connect’ our in-app member to member connectivity platform as well as other functionalities which allow members to conveniently book, pay, consume content and manage their membership digitally. Since launch these digital products have significantly increased our members digital engagement which enables us to support our physical expansion, our new membership types, and acquisitions. In the last 24 months, our digital platform has provided members with a phenomenal experience, that is unique. The future is looking even more exciting.
As a Lead Product Manager – App, you will help drive products forward to deliver an ambitious roadmap and lead a cross functional team, either onshore or offshore. To do all of this, we want great product minds who are eager to be a major part of helping to build great products that engage members, increase public conversion and help the company reach its business goals.
Launching scalable products to customers in a fast-paced growing environment is part of your DNA. You will be able to point to a portfolio of projects that you have led, which have made a difference and which you can demonstrate the results achieved. Dealing with ambiguity is a key skill that you have in your armoury. You will be comfortable in a changing environment as the business pushes ahead with its digital strategy, especially in this ever-changing environment in which we find ourselves. On that point, you will need to be a self-starter and motivate others through digital channels and in person meetings.
- Experience of leading Apps across iOS and Android and understanding their relevant ecosystems
- Work with other Product team members on the backlog, prioritisation and mapping items to business and customer benefits.
- Provide the right level of information to the right audience (Engineering, UX, Business)
- Enable the smooth delivery path of the roadmap
- Be customer obsessed
- Work with business and operations to seek feedback on new ideas and areas that require addressing.
- You’re confident operating across different projects and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to work collaboratively with stakeholders in the business
- You can provide a strategy for your products with a clear vision of where it needs to reach
- Be able to show a track record of releasing value at the earliest opportunity
- You’re prepared to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into the detail at all levels
- You can lead product workstreams from ideation through to implementation and handle all the hurdles along the way
- You love to lead cross functional teams
- Of course, you relish poring over data, research and feedback and know how to turn that into better products
- You must be open to suggestions from anyone, anywhere both internally and externally
- You can decipher engineering conversations and what that means for your product
- Write Epics/Stories clearly to ensure clarity and groom a backlog
- Optimise processes within your team and across the department to work like a well-oiled machine
- You can work lean with a test and learn approach
- Create and track metrics to measure the effectiveness of your product
- Show a clear understanding of the product lifecycle
- You will have great communication and influential skills.
Requirements / Qualifications...
- Form a realistic balance between product-driven and timelines driven outcomes; underpinned by the digital transformation roadmap and wider business milestones
- Expertise in building a data-driven approach and discipline to product strategy, prioritization, and development
- Work with engineering and design to align product, design, and engineering teams to improve cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Work closely with the design and engineering teams in conducting user research, validating product requirements, defining workflows, product architecture and UX design
- Low ego and excellent collaboration skills
- Hands on experience using agile in an established company
- Comfortable leveraging Jira for planning and roadmapping
- Thrive in an ambiguous environment; and know how to bring clarity to the teams you lead
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow your career.
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Soho Friends Membership
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health and Dental Care
- Cycle to Work Scheme/Season Ticket Loan
- In conjunction with Soho Impact, take 2 days paid a year to support a charity of your choice.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Our Cookhouse & House Tonic programmes offer unique food and drink trainings, events and opportunities to inspire and educate.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.