At Soho House, a Barback is responsible for assisting the bartenders in providing quality service to all guests who come to Soho House. As a Barback, you will create efficiency behind the bar by ensuring all items are stocked and easily accessible for quick access and delivery to guest. A Barback, is responsible for cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, ice, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support Bartenders and ensure that the bar operates smoothly.
A successful Barback, is knowledgeable about menu items, attentive and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. A Soho House Barback is an integral part of what keeps our bars running smoothly and if you have great intuition and a passion for all thing’s beverage, this could be the position for you!
- Upkeep of bar and support of the bar staff to ensure all guests receive a positive and memorable experience
- Assist bartenders and management team in maintaining the bars presentation and approachability for guests
- Stock bar(s) with alcoholic beverages including spirts, liquor, wine, beer, garnishes, and drink mixes
- Stock bar(s) with non-alcoholic beverages including soda, juices, and carbon dioxide at bars
- Stock liquor room with all supplies including liquor, beer, wine, dry goods, soda, etc
- Maintain cleanliness of liquor rooms, beer coolers, and bars including sweeping, mopping, trash removal, etc
- Ensure all member, guest and private events/functions are set up for anticipated volume and forecasted business levels; including stocking alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and paper products
- Replenish paper goods (i.e., cups, napkins, etc.) at bars
- Help with inventory and advise on areas that require replenishment through purchase orders
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
- 1+ year working in F&B operation or eager to learn and passionate to deliver results
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Detail oriented and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Basic verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work and works well under pressure
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.